Ok ... I am not the blogger I hoped that I would be. I can spend hours reading everyone else's but never my own. I think I get to stressed about what I should write about. So, that being said I think I will start with Christmas time. Since it has about 1 year since my last entry.
We had a very VERY busy December this year and I have to admit it was very hard to get into the Christmas Spirit. I didn't even care to celebrate my birthday ... which for those of you who know me KNOW that I love to celebrate the day that God has give me!!!! I also didn't feel like getting a tree either. Figured Steve would go right along with it since it isn't his favorite thing to do. Well, I was mistaken. When I mentioned to Steve we could skip the tree this year, he WAS NOT in favor of it. He remined me that Matthew still needs to enjoy Christmas even though we may not want to. He was right so off we went to get a tree. Matthew was so excited running all over to pick out the perfect tree. He didn't really know quite what he was doing but he still had fun! Puttin lights on was also a fun time ... having a 2 year old wanting to help made it very interesting!! ! Never the less we got it decorated and all Matthew could say was "Pretty Mama, PRETTY!!! Everynight we come home he runs right to the tree so we can plug it in. "PRETTY" ( i believe I was saying the same thing at his age)
Christmas morning was soooo much fun. He opened up each gift and was excited for each one but kept on going. His favorite was the bug dump truck from Grandpa and Grandma Kubricky and then the camo recliner from Santa. We video taped it and I am SOO glad we did.
Matthew has been such a joy ... he is talking up a storm and picking up new words and questions everyday. As Dr Erin (Chrio), " He is certainly all boy, but he does have a gentle side". WHO HOO I love that. He does love to snuggle and every night before bed he and Daddy snuggle on the couch together. Steve loves that time and it is so cute to watch! He is busy busy busy ... LOVES to right the 4 wheeler and even goes out w/ Steve to plow snow. The boy is in love with tractors, trucks and "pullers" (trailers) and spends time just driving them all over the place.
The snow is a new and exciting experience this year. HE LOVES it and can't get enough. We went out sledding and he laughs and says, " more, more" as Jazmyne chases after him down the small hill in our yard. We are hoping to get to a bigger sledding hill but it has been a little chilly and now the rain is suppose to come, so we might loose the snow we have. :(
I was gently reminded how we all take the little things in life for granted. We are all so blessed beyond measure that we just forget. Don't forget to let GOD be GOD in your life, above all else. He is in control and knows our every path. Even if we don't!
Enjoy some pics and I hopefully will post more.
Merry Christmas and have a BLESSED New Year!!!
Tana
No comments:
Post a Comment